1. Both players take turns placing tiles on the board, or pass. (Second player gets one extra tile).
2. Once both player pass (or can't place), the game of life begins!
3. Normal game of life rules apply - a "live" tile with less than 2, or more than 3 neighbors will "die".
an empty tile with 3 neighbors will become "alive", with it's color determined by its neighborhood colors.
Variations are available: either 3 cells of one color and one of the other, a mix of both or P2life (Paper
4. Once one player is eradicated from the board, or the game detects a loop, both players can place tiles again.
starting with whomever has more placements left
5. The game ends if it stops and no player can place new tiles,
or one player was eradicated from the board and can't place any more tiles.
6. The winner is the last left on the board, or otherwise whoever has the most alive cells.